Tess Donckels is a Project Analyst at Discern Health. She currently supports projects related to quality measure development and value-based care initiatives. Her experience includes conducting guideline scans and health care policy research analysis.
Prior to joining Discern Health, Tess performed harm reduction and health policy analysis for the Bloomberg American Health Initiative while earning her MSPH. Previously, she worked as a Research Associate at Seattle Children’s Research Institute and the University of Washington, where she carried out decision-making and addiction neuroscience research.
Areas of Expertise:
- Value-based payment models
- Policy design and evaluation
- Health Finance
- MS, Public Health in Health Policy —Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Candidate 2019
- Vice President of Students for Sensible Drug Policy – Johns Hopkins Chapter
- BA, Neurobiology — University of Washington
- Baltimore, MD