Katy McConnell is a Project Analyst at Discern Health. She currently supports projects related to quality measurement in oncology care.
Prior to joining Discern, Katy conducted qualitative research on the role of Public Health Social Workers in the global health sphere at Boston University’s Center for Innovation in Social Work and Health. While pursuing her dual MPH/MSW degree, she provided mental health counseling and therapeutic services to populations with diverse needs in individual and group settings. Additionally, she collaborated with multidisciplinary teams in school and outpatient settings to coordinate mental health care.
Areas of Expertise:
- Patient-centered care
- Strengths-based interventions
- Program monitoring and evaluation
- Social determinants of health
- MPH, Social and Behavioral Sciences – Boston University
- MSW, Clinical Social Work – Boston University
- BS, Psychology – Tufts University
- Baltimore, MD