Matthew Castner is a Director at Discern Health, where he leads health care reform and value based care projects. He has significant experience in health system operations and strategy, and quantitative and qualitative analysis. He has held leadership positions within Johns Hopkins Medicine, working on both the payer and provider side. As Director of Health Services Strategy and Policy he lead efforts focused on population health management and the development of clinical authorization criteria. He also spent a year embedded within the executive leadership team at Howard County General Hospital as an Administrative Resident, leading projects in behavioral health integration and pediatric telemedicine.
Prior to his work at Johns Hopkins, Matthew was Manager of Reporting and Analytics at Managed Care Advisors, a federal contractor in workers’ compensation. There he was broadly responsible for all quantitative analysis within the organization while developing programs in absence management and engaging new clients.
Areas of Expertise:
- Health System Transformation
- Data Analysis
- Population Health Informatics
- DrPH Candidate– Johns Hopkins University
- MHA – Johns Hopkins University
- BS in Finance and BA in Psychology – University of Maryland, College Park
Honors and Awards:
- 2019 Vice Chair of Child Health Services Interest Group
- 2016 Student Recognition Award
- 2015 Winner of Johns Hopkins MHA Case Competition
- Baltimore, MD