Tokia Day is the Finance and Operations Manager at Discern Health. She provides financial oversight, ensuring that Discern is financially prudent, strategic, and in compliance with standards set by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other regulating bodies. She also serves as the point of contact for billing and contract management to both Discern’s internal and external clients. Tokia’s areas of focus are financial management and reporting, compliance, operations administration, and contract management. Tokia’s work helps Discern quantitively assess its current performance to produce measurable outcomes and the best solutions for our clients.
Prior to joining Discern, Tokia worked in the investment, banking, and health care fields and has more than 15 years of finance and operations experience. She also has experience in nonprofit and human resource management.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial management and reporting
- Budget management
- Compliance management
- Medicare Part C compensation
- MBA, Finance & Human Resource Management – Morgan State University
- BS, Finance – Morgan State University
- Non Profit Management – Duke University
- Licensed Life & Health Insurance Professional
- Baltimore, MD